As google keep on updating in their algorithm to optimize user's search experience it creating lot of confusion among webmasters how to focus on SEO. There has been a methodology that google give preference if there are more back links to your website or page.
But, As there has been lot of misuse of keywords & meta tags as well as fake back links now google has changed their algorithm to focus more on content of any web page. Google likes if you have relevant page title to your content & relevant keywords in url for the content then you will surely get preference.
Three are a lot of thing to consider when you are putting content in your website.
1. Google likes unique words.
2. Google gives more preference to keywords those are matching the link of page & title.
3. A proper heading for page should be given in H1 Tag.
4. Page should be validated from W3C.
5. Alt & Title Tags in Images & Links.
6. Content structure should formatted as per google standards.
There are more points to consider stay tuned for more updates.